Conservation partnerships are fundamentally important to bird conservation. After all, regardless of borders and jurisdictions, bird populations are easily affected by nearly all human actions.
Canadian Bird Conservation Partnerships Include:
- Important Bird and Biodiversity Areas in Canada
- Canadian Migration Monitoring Network
- South of the Divide
- Boreal Leadership Council
- Boreal Avian Modelling Project
- British Columbia Working Group of Partners in Flight
- Waterfowl, Landbird, Shorebird and Waterbird Initiatives
Conservation partnerships like the Habitat Joint Ventures in Canada and the U.S., and Alianzas Regionales in Mexico, enable individuals, corporations, conservation organizations and government agencies from across North America to collaborate, plan and implement bird conservation initiatives and projects for the benefit of birds and people.
Several of NABCI-Canada’s partners have programs that extend beyond Canada and even North America. Learn more here about international bird conservation partnerships and initiatives.